What food to donate
Due to the kind donations and generosity of our supporters the Food Bank is well stocked at the moment.
The Salvation Army Hall, where Exmouth Food bank is housed, is currently undergoing major renovation which is restricting the volume of stock we can hold onsite. If you would still like to donate some food we would really appreciate it if you could focus on the items listed below.
Supplies we are short of this month - July 2021
This month we would really appreciate donations of the following items only :
- cartons of long-life milk
- tinned vegetables (e.g. carrots , peas, sweetcorn, mushrooms)
- tinned tomatoes
- tinned fruit (e.g. fruit cocktail, pineapple, peaches)
- tinned rice pudding
- jars of pasta sauces.
Bringing donations to the Food Bank
If you would like to donate food and supplies you can come to the Food Bank to drop your donation off. If you have a large food donation please contact us in advance so that we can confirm arrangements and make sure one of us is there to assist you.
Where to find us
Salvation Army Hall,
Exmouth, EX8 1PW
(Off the Exeter Road, opposite Glenorchy Church and alongside Exmouth Chapel – for a map visit ‘Find Us’)
Please deliver your donations to us between 11.00am and 3.00pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (including Bank Holidays).
There is a collection box at the rear door of the Salvation Army Hall where you can leave your donations. As a result of Coronavirus restrictions, and for your own safety, please do not enter the Hall. If you knock on the door or shout ‘hello’ one of us will come to help and to say thank you.
Donating food at designated collection points
There are many local collection points in and around Exmouth where you can leave donations. These are emptied/collected by the Food Bank volunteers on a regular basis.
The main collection points in Exmouth are:
- Co-op, 3 Magnolia Walk, Exmouth, EX8 1HB
- Rivermead Stores, 23-25 Rivermead Ave, Exmouth EX8 3BH
- Tesco, Salterton Road Exmouth EX8 2TS
- Tesco Express, 4-6 Rolle Street Exmouth EX8 1HE
The main collection points in Budleigh are:
- Co-op, 21-23 High St, Budleigh Salterton EX9 6LD
- Pynes Farm Shop, Unit 10, South Farm Court, S Farm Rd, South Farm, Budleigh Salterton EX9 7AY
- Spar, 6 Fore St, Budleigh Salterton EX9 6NG
- Tesco Express, 10 Fore St, Budleigh Salterton EX9 6NG
Local churches kindly organise collections of food for us as well. Please contact your church minister or secretary to find out more.
Host a food bank collection
We would be delighted if you wanted to arrange a special event or a fund-raiser to support our good cause. To help we can supply you with an Exmouth Food Bank printable poster.